31 January 2012

Knitting and good food.

Is there any more to life than a good hobby and great food? I think not. Well, a good book is essential, however, I must forgo that this day as I was unable to get the one I wanted from the Library.
(Not to digress, but, I want to mention that the libraries in the UK are under attack. The local governments are closing down LOADS of libraries. You can read about it here. I am outraged and would LOVE to do something, but have no ducks in a row yet, as my father would say. I have been reading about this in Private Eye Magazine. Will keep you posted.)
So, today was my last knitting class which is sad, but I will simply change my day to visit the shop to Wednesdays when they have open knitting time. YAY!
Well, at the last class Ping asked me to bring in the bread machine recipe we use since her machine didn't have a book with it. So I did, and I took some samples, Steve gets props for that, it was his idea. I also had to take my lunch with me, as I was too busy before class to eat. I also had to go see a man about a piano (another blog for another time.)
There we were, eating bread, butternut squash soup and talking about knitting, bread machines and the crazy snow storm we had Sunday.
Ahhhh, what a lovely day.
It's days like these that make me so happy to manage a movie theater and work nights.
The newest knitting project will be socks. I got some lovely purple yarn, it's soft too, and will be knitting the cabled designed socks this week.
While knitting away, I think we will have to coconut-pad thai shrimp again. Mmmmmm, sounds good.
Now, I need a kindle. :)
The scarf I knitted for Natalie:

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOHhhh!!! I love the scarf!!! And you're going to be doing sockies?!?!?! How exciting!!! That is so awesome. I'm so happy you are doing something that makes you happy, not just the theatre, but the knitting is awesome. You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lin! I say the same thing about you every time I send a card! My art skills are crap, so I am in awe of you with them!

    ReplyDelete

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!