21 January 2012

Icy snowy Saturday

I've been awake for two hours now and I am ready to go back to bed.
The sleet was coming down last night as I left work and it made a lovely blanket of crap on the ground for this morning. So, Steve went off to work and I shoveled our half of the shared driveway.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not that kind of person. When you are already shoveling a driveway that isn't that wide, then why not do the whole thing. That was my idea (as well as Steve's) when we shoveled the last three times. One of those times I even shoveled their parking pad that is no where near our half of the area. Why not, I said to myself (probably out loud as I tend to talk to myself all the time.) They were at work and I thought it would be nice for them to have the place where they park their cars to be shoveled. It snowed a bit over it, but for the most part it was obvious that someone had shoveled all that area.
Then it snowed again and they shoveled... their half of the driveway only. Then after I shoveled the whole drive again on the next snow, they followed up on the following snow by doing... DUN DUN DUN, their half only again.
SOOOOOOOOOO! The other snows have been those fluffy, easily moved light snows. This snow is the snow of the dead. It's heavy, it's covered in ice and it doesn't want to let the shovel even break the surface.
I shoveled our half. ONLY.
I would have gladly done the whole thing but HEY, fuck em! I noticed after I came in she was peeking around the side of her house to see what I had done. That just proves that they KNEW I DID IT BEFORE.
Ugh. I have to put up with watching him in the hot tub with his fat gut and gold chains, a little reciprocation on the shoveling would be nice.
(Please let them put up some lattice or something this hot tub season!!!)
I am not even asking for a thank you, I don't need it. Just a sharing of the snow removal.
Now, this may sound like I am being silly or feud-ish but I am not unfounded here. When we moved in we were friendly and talked to the new neighbors. She told me that the previous owners were assholes about everything. I could see that as they were complete morons about selling the house and what they were supposed to do. We had to settle a week late due to their incompetance. So I asked how they deal with the winters. She said they used to shovel and the previous owners put out the salt. I explained that I worked at night, so I wouldn't be shoveling in the morning but that I would be shoveling in the afternoon and that the driveway would be cleared of daytime snow when they got home from work. We could work it that way.
Hmmmm, seems they don't want to work it at all. That's fine. While they smoke their cigarettes and drink their beers, I am breathing my fresh air and eating my vegetarian fare, who will be in better shape to shovel.... ME that's who.
(And I could have been doing the whole driveway if they had simply been kind.)

Oh, for those of you who are reading me, yes, I am vindictive sometimes. I am working on my book and mostly it is about cycling, but it is also about becoming calm and centered and I am not blind to the fact that this rant is as far from calm and centered as you get, although, I am pretty calm, just off center! LOL!
All I can say there is OLD HABITS DIE HARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!