13 February 2012

RENOVATIONS!!!!!! (Or what I am fantasizing about today)

Okay, so I can't really DO any renovations today, or tomorrow, or next week for that matter and I am not just talking about the snow.....
However, the lack of funds does not stop me and Steve from talking about all the AMAZING things we want to do.
Todays amazing thing is the parking pad at the bottom of the lot.
It's cold out up here in the Burg today. It's been bitter cold the last few days and the wind has been whipping like a sum'bitch. (that's a technical term in Western Maryland.) But today, the sun is shinning nice and brightly. When I let ol' Ripley out this morning the back porch was actually warm!
The car however, is plunged into winter by being parked in the shade of the estate (I have decided to call our house THE ESTATE now. I like the ring. So until I think up a name for the place - and yes, I intend to think up a name- I will refer to it as THE ESTATE.)
So even on days when the snow is melting and Steve thinks he can get a tan in the "redders" weather, the car will have ice on the windshield that I have to scrap to be able to see out of it. Ugh.
Thus the idea of how to make a car parking pad in the front where the sun shines like the Bahamas. WOOOOOO!
We figure we can back-hoe out the front area by the street and use garden style railroad ties (I guess that is how you spell it, that's how it sound when people say it to me) to create a wall at the back and bricks on the side as well as for some steps. We could do this ourselves. After all, my old boyfriend was a bricklayer, so I can do it! (HAHAHHAHAHAHA - I know, I can't wait to see if I actually can or not.)
THEN we started talking about how we would take up the walk way to create a new straight path from the steps right up to the front porch.
THEN I realized that if we simply back-hoe the area right in front of the mailbox and next to the driveway, then we can pull in head first, be in the sun, be able to break up the bad part of the path with the back-hoe and the steps will be way easier as the natural slope will work in our favor! WOOOOOOO!!!!! It's not even a part of the yard we use! It will work!!!!
Now, we just need to find someone who has a back-hoe and LOVES movies, so I can do a free movies passes for a year to pay for it. Then I have to find someone who can asphalt it for the same payment! LOL! Ahhhhh fantasies.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a great idea!! I can't wait to see it. You are going to do such a great job!!!! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!