06 January 2012

It's CLLLLEEEAAANNNNN!

As I laid in bed (laid? Lied, no laid) this morning I thought that today would be the day for cleaning the basement. There are three spaces that I did not touch when we moved in. The Basement, the room off the bathroom upstairs and the garage. I made plans to clean these spaces after the holidays and into the spring. Then, this morning, as I woke at an earlier time than normal (10am) I figured that today would be perfect as being winter with snow still on the ground, there should be none (or at least just a few) spiders in the cellar to jump out and attack me.
Oh, I know what you are saying, PA-LEEZE Karen, spiders don't attack people! Well, I beg to differ. When spiders see me they think LUNCH! LOL!
So I got out of bed, put on my sweats, grabbed my head scarf and headed down to the cellar with broom, dustpan and trash bags in hand.
It actually went a lot faster than I thought it would. Armed with my MP3 player and Jesus Christ Superstar blasting in my ears I tackled the basement with zeal!
Three trash bags and a large box filled with empty and half empty paint cans later the cellar was swept and no longer scary. AND I only saw three spiders. One I let live, my generous gift to the arachnid world but one just looked scary and poisonous so that one got stepped on. The other one I thought was dust that fell off the air conditioning unit and only saw it was running like hell as my rag whipped it and the rest of the dirt off the table onto the floor. Oops.
Other than that, I saw a cricket type thing that freaked out when I moved the large flattened box from beside the furnace. It didn't know where to hop to so I gave it a little help by slapping the broom behind it, moving it towards the back of the furnace, but nothing else. Yay.
I was able to clean off the table that sits down there and empty the crap from the drawers and refill them with items that the previous owners left behind that I find valuable. I also found left over wall-paper that is in the house. Which is FABULOUS as there is a small area in our bedroom that has ripped paper and needs fixed! (Our bedroom being the ONLY wall-paper in the house that I like)
So I am posting pics of the basement. I am sooooo happy.
I did, however, feel like I was channeling Zelda Rubinstein from Poltergeist when she says THIS HOUSE IS CLEAR. Now, THIS HOUSE IS CLEAN!
(Those of you that know me personally, know that I have a LOT of problems with music lyrics and such, so for YEARS I thought Zelda was saying THIS HOUSE IS CLEAN - thus that is why I think of her now.)
Either way, I am one step closer to having all of the house be completely ours! YAY! There is one area in the back part of the basement that is truly a cellar. It has dirt floors with pallets and boards down to walk on. There are a few things in there that need tossed out, but I will clean that area later on. Then I will be able to use it for all the amazing canned items that I will be canning this summer from the awesome bounty of my garden, but that is getting slightly ahead of myself.
YAY me... for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!