05 January 2012

Sony Streaming Device

OMG! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! (giddy school girl scream) I am sooooooo excited, happy and yes, giddy! I got us a Sony Streaming Device at the end of December and it arrived yesterday. I let it get to room temperature overnight and then today I have hooked it up. AAAAAHHHHHHHH! (yes another giddy scream)
No, Elvis, Fabian nor Justin Bieber have enter the room, I am just so giddy because as I type this out I am listening to the Streaming NPR radio program Car Talk!
I adore this show. It comes on NPR on Saturdays at 10am. I know that a lot of people are awake at that time and up and able to listen without issue. I, however, work nights at the theater, so I am still in bed, ususally, at 10am. I set the alarm and lie there some saturdays just to listen to the show. The problem in my lovely home (which I am completely in love with) I have CRAP signal strength for my cell phone and all radio signals that aren't the country music station that is located here in Frostburg. So, Since my radio alarm clock DOES manage to get NPR, I should add here it gets it now that I have rearranged the furniture so my radio alram clock is VERY close to the window, I am able to listen to these guys (Car Talk) as long as I am in bed.
NOW! With the Sony Streaming Player, I can get NPR on my TV!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
I can hear you guys now.... WTF? you are saying. This technology has been around for a while... what is she so giddy about?
Well, in this household, when new technology arrives on the scene, my wonderful husband says "OOH look a new product. (Insert name here) sounds really cool. Let's wait a rediculous amount of time for all the kinks to be worked out then we will get it."
Well, I may be taking a liberty there, as Steve doesn't really say a rediculous amount of time. But, it's the gist. Case in point, we do not own a Kindle or its ilk yet, as Steve says they do not transcribe all the books properly.
I want a kindle.
Badly.
I've almost ordered one secretly two times, but I held back and didn't.
The old style Kindle is $79 now on Amazon. I will not be able to hold back for long. hahahha.
I digress, however. The Sony Streamer is AWESOME!!!!!!
There are so many cool features on this thing too, I might not be available for days! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!