30 December 2009

District 9

We already know Peter Jackson, oops, sorry, SIR Peter Jackson can make amazing movies. We know he can make surreal films as well. We also know that he can make exciting movies with great scenery shots, great action shots and funny bits.
Who doesn't like The Frighteners, Heavenly Creatures, Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong.
Well, I have to say he has done it again. District 9 is a very well shot, well written and exciting story about hatred vs empathy interspersed with sci-fi action.

I do not want to spoil anything about this film as I highly reccommend it so let's say this:

It's in documentary style in the beginning, then we get to have a third person omniscient point of view.
The action is fast and thrilling and keeps coming at you with bits of the story unfolding as it goes along to keep you interested and thrilled.

I say see this film.

4 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this yet, but it's definitely on my 'gotta watch' list. Redbox hasn't had it yet....

    ReplyDelete

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!