08 March 2012

America the Beautiful and land of the Citizens, new and old.

So, besides the fact that Steve and I are going to live a whole lot longer than we were going to recently since we no longer eat animals and animal products but now we get to live, BOTH OF US, as Americans. Steve was granted his Citizenship yesterday! YAY!
So now we are plant based diet Americans! WOOOOOO!!!
It has been a long road to get to here with all the paperwork and the meetings and filing forms and then filing more forms, not to mention the costs of filing. (Oh I mentioned it.)
HOWEVER! It's all paid off! We thought we were going down to Baltimore (Bawlmer) for a simple last interview and when that was over, Steve being the silly bugger that he is, came out of the interview room, whilst I was sitting in the waiting area with LOADS of others waiting to become Americans, and he had a face like thunder! He did one of those annoyed twitches of his head that meant LET'S GO! and I got up, followed him and said as soon as we were out of the door, WHAT HAPPENED????? He says, We have to come back! WHAT??? WHY???? I say, then he says, At 2 o'clock to become an American citizen!
(Bastard! Tricking me! I could have gone off on one!)
YAY! I said instead!
So we did what any two Americans do when they have a few hours to kill, we went shopping! Whole Foods is in the city very close to where we were so we picked up the things that we can't get at home. (Nutritional yeast! WOOO! Going to make that recipe from Engine 2!)
Then we went over to The Avenue at White Marsh to eat our lunch (that we brought with us, since I have to be super cautious about food consumption due to the casein allergy.)
So Steve got a coffee and we ate our pasties. Then we went back to the Government building and Steve got to sing the Star Spangled Banner and then recited the Oath of Allegience to the United States of America!
Then POOF! (haha) Steve was an American!
(Yes, I was crying - but that is me! LOL)
It was AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!