06 January 2010

Kudos for Jen Lancaster!

I just finished reading Jen Lancaster's book 'Such a pretty fat.'
EXCELLENT!!!!

I read other books from her, Bitter is the New Black and Bright Lights Big Ass. Both are very funny and very poignant.

I logged onto the illustious Allegany County Library system as soon as I finish Pretty Fat to get her new book, Pretty in Plaid and OF COURSE, it isn't one of the three books my library has.

Ok, to be fair, the library has more than 3 books. AND I am able to get a lot of the Hamish MacBeth novels there. not all, but a lot.
However, when I want to read something I WANT TO READ IT NOW!!!!!!!!
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
So, it isn't there. I will have to buy it. (I am giggling inside, can't giggle outwardly since Steve is sitting right here and for some reason Mr. Reader doesn't like me to buy books)
(You know, between you and me, I think he only doesn't like me buying books because we don't read the same genres. I like fun books that are interesting, he likes crap!)
Ok, in all fairness his books aren't crap. He reads Stephen Hunter and Nelson DeMille and Mr. Puff-up Warmonger, okay that last one doesn't exist but I just don't want to read those books.
I like "girly" books. I like the books I call Summer Reading. Alisa Kwitney's The Dominant Blonde, On The Couch. These of course are fiction. Jen Lancaster's novels are memoirs.
I do like how she says, Yes, ANOTHER memoir on this one I just read. Makes me laugh.
I would LOVE to meet Jen Lancaster. I think, other than the Fox news bit, we would get alone FABULOUSLY!!!!
I reccommend this book for anyone who is looking for something to read or even for those not wanting to read, READ IT!!!! It'll make you laugh and you too will want to know this chick!
She's AWESOME!!!

Check it out.
http://www.jennsylvania.com

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!