11 April 2012

Snowing....Coffee...Orioles....Biggest Loser...pizza and pancakes.

Waking up this morning, I came downstairs to look out the window and see snow flying all over.
I was hoping it was the lovely white flowers from the tree in the garden, however, it was snow.
GAH!
It's April.
I have seedlings sprouting on the back porch.
I want to plant stuff!!!!!!!!!
We had 80 degree days in MARCH! Now it's mid April and snow is flying.

Now, I live in an area that DOES get snow late in the season but after having such a mild winter, I am ready to start planting.
I want to work the soil and plant tomoatoes and lettuce and carrots and peppers. (Oh my)
The snow didn't fly for long, but it did fly.
The cats went out and promptly came back inside.
We have the gas fire going.
I wore shorts in March! Now I am wearing sweats!

Okay, I know, stop complaining, I can't do anything about the weather.

Have you tried Green Mountain Dark Magic coffee? We recently got a K-Cup coffee maker at work and I have tried the Dark Magic, regular and decaf and they are GREAT!
I love the K-Cup idea. I don't want one for the house, since I think it's too expensive for home use but for work it's perfect.
Work is a movie theater and of course, like in most theaters things cost a little more, but the coffee price is $2 a cup (10oz) but the best thing of all that I have found, with the K-Cups you can go as small as 4 oz or as large as 12 oz. Sooooooooo, I buy a cup of coffee at the $2 price. BUT, I make sure I buy it after all the customers have gone into the movies, so that I can brew my cup at 6 oz, that leaves me room for Soy Very Vanilla milk, AND when I drink that, since I haven't removed the K-Cup from the coffee maker, I run another 6 oz through the cup. TA DA! It's like getting a 12 oz cup of coffee, but I get to take my time and it's all warm! LOL!

How 'bout dem O's?
They are doing really well this season. Yay! That epic game with the Yankees last night was something! I am holding out the GREAT HOPE for this season. I think this will be the one!

When will the Biggest Loser (a show I used to watch all the time but have stopped watching with the exception of the last two shows since Michelle Obama was on it) stop letting meat industries sponsor the show and tell the contestants the truth about meat and dairy?
I am guessing that will never happen.
People need to be educated about what meat and dairy actually DO to your body. Then maybe we will see REAL healthy people coming off that show.
The weight loss would be HUGE without meat and dairy consumption.

We had pizzas again last night. This time I made the "no cheese" sauce for one and thai sauce for the other. Topped them with orange bell peppers, portabella mushrooms, spinach, corn, tofu, pineapple and the crust was made from whole wheat and buckwheat. They were awesome!!!!!!!

Buckwheat pancakes this morning with banana and walnuts (and a couple pecans, as I had a few left.) Also Very Yummy!!!

Good food for cold April days.
Ugh, I want to PLANT THINGS!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All input is welcome, although as the SUPREME CREATOR of this blog I may veto some comments. Have a FABULOUS day!